Friday, November 7, 2008

Obama, Obama, Obama

So now that I'm not (as) delirious, I have more to add about field trip.

Well one thing really - on the way home from Tamale, I FELL OUT OF THE TRO!!! My skirt got caught on one of the jump seats and I kept going and my skirt stayed there. The skirt ripped and I fell backwards out of the bus, skinning and bruising my leg, scraping my back, and bruising my hip pretty badly. And now I'm back in Old Tafo with what feels like dusty lung or something. Pleasant.

I am so so so excited Obama won!!! And so proud of my little blue North Carolina. It's been fun watching it over here. And by watch I mean refreshing CNN.com and half-listening on a wind-up radio. But people here are actually really excited. Yesterday in the car ride home from class an Obama song came on the radio! It was mostly in Twi, but the chorus was "Obaaama, Obaaama, Obaaama!" Amazing. Haven't heard any McCain songs, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Justin said...

So i'm sworn in and finally doing real work. after all the run around of training i'm taking my first week at site easy. i have a great schedule (no friday classes) and some good co-workers. hope you're doing well too. keep trucking!