Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Jim Morrison

I made it through homestay! Just moved out this morning. Thank God. Last night and this morning were especially noisy, maybe because of the election. People yelling and slamming doors at 10pm (I know, so late). Even though I am actually IN Ghana, I am still very unclear about the election results. From what I've heard it's very close and there might be a run-off. Maybe all of you and your reliable news sources will have more information. If so, feel free to pass it along.

I managed to pass my language exam last week so it looks like they will have no reason to send me home! Which means on Friday I will be sworn in as a volunteer!

The biggest news right now is that I might have a puppy! I say "might" because one of the trainers got her as a Secret Santa gift. First of all, who gets PUPPIES as Secret Santa gifts?? Only in Ghana...But it looks like I might end up with her. We will see. She is black and white and a little brown and FLUFFY! Fluffy dogs are very hard to find in Ghana, so I'm trying to take advantage. I found her yesterday, which was Jim Morrison's birthday, so I think she is a gift from Jim. If I keep her I will name her Sage after Jim and his girlfriend's dog.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! I am very jealous of the cold weather and all the good food. I am mopping my face with a sweat rag and wondering if I will get rice or plantains for lunch.

No comments: