Sunday, October 26, 2008

Opposite Day

So I feel like most days here I am doing the opposite of what comes naturally to me. For example, this week we took a field trip to visit LATRINES. I'm not kidding. We spent an entire morning touring a community looking at their latrine variety. Some were broken. And I mean very broken, like the floor was caving in and you could see poop coming up from the ground. And there were maggots and all sorts of gross things. I can't believe I have agreed to do this for TWO YEARS!! Sometimes I think I am crazy!

Also, today we went on a HIKE. Yes, I was hiking. And some of it was actually kind of hard. There were some steep rocky inclines and declines and I thought I was going to break my ankle quite a few times. But I made it! And I guess the view was worth it...my family would be SO proud if they had seen me!

So that's just a quick update about what I've been doing in Ghana this week -- looking at poop, talking about poop, learning how to keep poop away from your mouth...oh and hiking. I think I'm already a changed woman.

No comments: